Cleaning the oven is an unpleasant obligation that we often delay until there is time to thoroughly clean the house. When we finally find time to deal with this task, it turns out we will not go without a hard scrubbing because the oven on the stove is covered with old stains, smear, and stale fat.
Even if you feel that cleaning is not possible without strong preparations, do not reach chemistry before reading this article.
Baking soda and vinegar for safe and ecological cleaning
Bread soda and vinegar are affordable and safe substances that are widely used in the home. Their cleansing properties have been known since antiquity. Vinegar removes grease from glass, cleans mold, dissolves resin, kills food bacteria, and is an ecologically clean tool to fight insects in the garden. Soda is a soft abrasive, removes deposits, cleans greasy stains, removes unpleasant odors, and added to laundry can replace tissue fabric softener.
Cleaning the oven
Once we\’ve listed the wonderful properties of baking soda and vinegar comes time to explain how to use them for effective ecological cleaning the stove.
You will need:
- 1-2 packs of soda
- household gloves (optional)
- absorbent cloth
- dishwashing sponge
- fine household wire
- dishwasher or homemade soap
- an old toothbrush (optional)
- bottle with atomizer
- white distilled vinegar
The cleaning – Step by step
- Remove the oven grills, the thermometer (if any), the trays and everything you hold inside.
- Prepare a thick paste of water and soda for bread. In a small bowl, pour 1 batch of soda and add 3-4 tablespoons of water. A mixture must be obtained that is so thick that it can be applied easily but not flowing.
- Lubricate the inside of the oven with the sour paste. With a sponge apply the mixture, if you have an old toothbrush you can use it on bumps and more difficult to reach places. Although soda is harmless, it is good to put gloves at this stage to save your dirt under your fingernails. For more fats you can use fine household wires.
- Wash the door of the oven. Spray the glass with hot water and clear it with faith. If necessary, repeat.
- Leave the oven with soda for several hours. If you even have the opportunity – the whole night.
- Clean the grills of the oven. It is best to soak them in hot water, in which you have dissolved some dishwasher. If you do not have a proper basin, just wash them in the sink. If you need to remove old fat on bars, you can also rub them with soda.
- Wipe the oven. Soak a towel and wipe the cured paste from the inside of the stove.
- Spray with vinegar. Pour a little vinegar into a bottle of a sprayer and spray the inside of the oven. Vinegar and soda are generally neutralized, but soft foam forms during the process and also destroys the last residues of contamination.
- Final touches. Wash the cloth with water and soap and wipe the inside of the stove while it is damp.
- Place the clean and dry grids back into the oven.
If there is a slight smell of vinegar, leave the oven door open for an hour – though the smell is compulsive, it disappears quickly, unlike the odors that leave the toxic preparations.
if you think this is too labor-intensive for you, Our team from SYK cleaning will offer you the best end of tenancy oven cleaning services.